REVIEW OF SERVICES:
we will evaluate your property and determine an accurate rental rate
WHAT WE DO FOR OWNERS -
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS
A Professional Property Manager is an Asset
BCI Properties, LLC is a Professional Property Management Company, dedicated to selecting quality tenants and keeping your investment in good repair with minimal cost. We want your real estate investment to be profitable and successful.
BCI Properties, LLC will act as your agent and work in your best interest in the management of property. This section will explain our management process of how we lease and manage your rental property. The following is an outline of some of the benefits and services that you can expect from us automatically:
1. Placing a "For Rent" sign on your property!
2. Listing your rental property with it's very own website, plus listing on the Northwest MLS, Craigslist, Postlets, Trulia, Zillow and on up to 13 different websites, we are Nationally Syndicated.
3. Notifying Ft Lewis and McChord Air Force Bases, Military Relocation Network, Puyallup Nations Housing Authority, and Pierce County Housing Authority of the availability of your home or complex.
4. We use a professional screening service to sort out the good tenants from the bad, this includeds but is not limited to the following....... (A $45 fee is paid by the applicant)
A. An eviction search of public records and tenant history to ensure that the
applicant has not been evicted within the last seven years.
B. Verify former landlords references with phone calls to past landlords to check
payment history, and calls to employeers to ensure job status.
C. Verify employment or income.
D. Criminal records search.
E. Drive by inspection of their current residence is optional, if screener feels it is needed.
5. We issue two annual "Letters to Tenants" which outline their responsibilities in regards to maintenance needs of the rental, cautions and reminders.
6. We have random unscheduled drive-by inspections of all properties either monthly or as deemed needed by the landlord, plus a free annual physical inspection of the inside and outside of the rental property. Along with photos this full report will be emailed to owners. - Note: during random inspections, if we notice anything out of the ordinary or unkempt....we will knck on the door or do an immediate inspection.
7. We arrange for Landscaping services for those owners who wish to have top care for their yards or who have strict HOA rules which requires such cost. Otherwise we expect tenants to do all yard maintenance on single family homes. We provide yard cleanup and/or landscaping services for multi-family residences greater than a duplex, at a minimal cost to owners.
8. We survey and recommend to owners yearly spring and winter prep needs, which include winter freeze protection for pipes and outside water fawcetts.
9. Basic and extended maintenance plus remodeling when required is offered to all owners at our discounted prices which we negotiate with Licensed Bonded Contractors and handlymen.
10. We will give the applicant possession of your home and execute the lease agreement after the screening process has been completed and they have paid the required fee.
11. We will conduct a "Move-In" property inspection and notate the findings on the inspection sheets
12. You will be notified by our company that your property has been leased quickly upon receipt of funds and an executed lease contract.
13. We will re-key locks on the home each time it is vacated FREE...., yes at NO COST to owners, if and when Kwickset Smart-Key locks are present on the rental. We use & install Smart Key!
*See more info about this at: http://www.kwikset.com/SmartSecurity/Re-Key-Technology.aspx
We will conduct the following property inspections on your property:
Collections and Delinquencies
Timing is crucial when it comes to rent collections. To avoid any misunderstandings, our policy regarding delinquencies is brought to the new tenants attention. Late charges are heavily imposed to avoid any delinquencies. Our policies are as follows:
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS
All tenants are required to submit all maintenance requests in writing. However, in order to preserve the value of your property and maintain a positive relationship with the tenants, the home must be properly maintained.
A. You can expect that BCI Properties, LLC will not do any repairs to your property in excess of amount agreed upon on page 2 of the Exclusive Rental Agency, Employment Contract and Power of Attorney without first obtaining your approval.
NOTE: This excludes emergencies and repairs that are required by law.
LIABILITY & PITFALLS TO AVOID
(to avoid lawsuits by tenants)
There are certain things you can do to limit your liability when renting your property.
Are you up to date on the law? See the Landlord Tenant Act.
Do you know The Law of Real Estate Agency and legal requirements?
Make sure that there is no debris in or around the unit.
Be aware of mold issues and the law regarding it.
Ensure that there are no missing broken or loose walkways, steps, railings, doors or flooring.
Ensure that all utilities are in good working order.
It is vital that all doors, locks and windows open and close properly for ingress/egress, and for security.
Make sure all rooms have a smoke detector in good working condition.
The law on Lead Based Paint on units built prior to 1978. Please make sure that there is no loose, chipped or flaking paint due to possible lead based paint causing illness. We have a booklet on this free of charge.
All appliances supplied by owner must be in good working order
All property owners must carry basic "liability" insurance on a rental. Its the law.
What you need to know about BCI Properties, LLC -
Donald Jay Leske II and wife Emiliana Leske provide management for property owners. Married for over 44 years and have been in the property management field for over 30 years. They are both members of the Olympic Rental Association (ORA), the NWMLS, NARPM, and BBB.
Donald is a Licensed Real Estate Agent/Broker, Owner & Designated Broker at BCI Properties, LLC. He is very knowledgeable with building codes and all phases of home maintenance, repairs as well as Landlord Tenant Law.
Emiliana has expertise and training in the accounting and office management field. She is a licensed real estate agent in Washington State. She had worked for large corporations as an accountant for many years. She has done extensive collection and investigative work for property owners.
We at BCI Properties, LLC take pride in specializing in the management of single-family homes and multi-family units in Pierce County. We want to make sure that the homes we maintain are in the best shape they possibly can be. All in house maintenance performed are managed and supervised by BCI Properties, LLC.
We understand how difficult and stressful moving can be and what a burden it can add to your finances having to maintain another home. Our commitment is to rent the home as quickly as possible with good quality renters who will take care of the property and value it like you have. We advertise our rentals locally and nationally and work with the Military Relocation Network and Section 8 services.
We strive to have good personal relationships with our clients and tenants.
We can also assist you in finding rental properties and also assist owners to sell their home. As a real estate agent, we come in contact in a lot of people looking either to buy or rent.
In summation, our goal is to...
Donald J. Leske II / Property Manager & Owner
BCI PROPERTIES, LLC
10909 Portland Ave. Suite L, Tacoma WA 98445
Office: (253) 531-1010 | Cell: (253) 241-6695 | Fax: (253) 531-5358
Hours of Operation: M-F 9am to 5pm - Sat/Sun by appointment.
Don is in the office at 6am daily, including Saturday for owners.
Sat/Sundays we are available for showings and tenant needs.